Hero Arts February Card Kit 3 of 6 Cards


Welcome back everyone!  Today's video/blog showcases Hero Arts February card kit. This is my best attempt to try and keep completely within the kit and use minimal outside elements.  Let me tell you it was a challenge.  Partly because they didn't give us a diverse group of items, but mostly because once I start getting inspired by these kits my mind just goes nuts with all the things I could use. BUT I challenged myself and off I went.  The first card was a really fun card using the eggs and nest dies and making it a birthday card with the little bird legs sticking out.  I cannot take credit for this idea; this was all my husband!  COMPLETELY. I laughed when he told me and just thought it was the most clever thing.



The second card was were I got to have some inky fun.  I used the feather stamps in the kit and the coordinating colors to make my own background, then some more on some Neenah 80lb weight cardstock to die cut those out for my focal element.  I heat embossed the sentiment and then added some Nuvo Crystal Drops for my final embellishment along with some Sparkle Pen from Spectrum Noir.


For the last card, I had some more fun making my own scene from the stamps. I imagine that this bird is the momma and she is feeding baby bird with a worm that I fashioned out of cardstock.  I don't know where my mind goes sometimes. lol Popped up my nest with some 3M foam mounting tape and then cut a heart die into the background for another focal point for this card.  I like the way this one turned out as well and felt it utilized the elements in the kit well.

All supplies I used are listed below the video description on my YouTube Channel. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Comments